I don't know about you but I absolutely LOVE Arby's French Dip and Swiss sandwiches with au jus! They are so delicious but we have to pinch pennies so we rarely go out to eat. I found a recipe a few years back, tried it, modified it and now use it about once a month to treat my family.
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef consommé (It is different than the beef broth).
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. thinly sliced roast beef from a deli
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, cut lengthwise (so you will have 8 halves of hoagie rolls).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay the 8 hoagie halves on a cookie sheet.
- Heat up the beef consomme and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Place the roast beef in the broth and warm for 3 minutes.
- Arrange the meat on the hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of cheese.
- Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to melt. Serve the sandwiches with small bowls of the warm consomme for dipping.
Do you have any fast food or favorite restaurant style recipes to share?