Friday, September 9, 2011

Sack Lunch Ideas

Hi, all!
    I was talking to a friend of mine who has been having trouble coming up with ideas for sack lunches for her 7 year old son.  While I never have a reason to pack a sack lunch for anyone in my family now, I do remember those days and have a few ideas I thought I would share.
     For an adult on a cold day, nothing beats hot chicken broth in the thermos.  It just makes you feel good inside!  Sandwich ideas are: Peanut butter & syrup is a nice change from peanut butter & jelly.  Most kids and adults like hoagies so buy the hoagie bread and pile on the cold cuts.  Other ideas are cheese and crackers, cold pizza (always a huge hit), string cheese, and popcorn as a snack.
    I always tried to include a note of love or encouragement.  The hubby and kids always looked forward to reading what I had to say for the day.  I also always cut the sandwiches diagonally because in our household, when a sandwich is cut like that, it is our way of saying "I love you".
    Do you have any sack lunch ideas to share?
    If you need any other ideas, be sure to check out these links:  Smockity Frocks, The Common Room, Life in a Shoe, or Raising Olives.




As always, please help support my blog by clicking on an ad and supporting my sponsors.


In Christ,
Melody


Loving wife of Ronald and incredibly blessed home educating mother with fantastic children.


"Tough times never last, tough people do." -Robert Schuller


We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today. ~Stacia Tauscher

No comments:

Post a Comment